Friday, October 7, 2016

10 Year Old Disabled Child Doused with Gasoline and Set on Fire by Classmates

This story is so awful that I can't quite process it exists. A child with a hearing aid and lisp was a frequent target of bullying in school in San Antonio.

Then his classmates set him on fire. UPDATE: The other children are saying it was an accident.

Please exercise care if you go read the original story, as I find the details upsetting, and I know some people (victims of bullying themselves) who have found them extremely traumatizing. I won't quote them here, to leave this post relatively safe.

But you can go to the #TeamKayden GoFundMe and help.

I'm not quite sure what to write here about bullying, beyond the obvious. Mostly, I am worried about this child and worried for all the children whose perceived differences make them targets.